Cereal Bar Edibles Recipe
Estimated 4-minute read
Is there anything simpler than a crunchy cereal bowl for breakfast? It is sweet, healthy, and an easy-to-make option if you don’t feel like doing the dishes. Moreover, you can add fruit, nuts, or marshmallows and turn it into a delicious bar to carry around for a quick snack.
Of course, you can improve your cereal bars wonderfully with some cannabis addition. A handful of weed cereal bars will be a delightful way to get high while having a healthy snack. Let’s grind the weed, unpack the cereal, and preheat the oven!
Cannabis-infused Cereal Bar
Before You Start
While you can get cannabis-infused butter in some dispensaries or your online provider, it is always more rewarding to make your own at home.
We will need half a stick of butter (2 oz) and a couple of grams of ground weed for our cannabutter cereal bars. Your trusty KLIP mini will grind the herb without crushing it while preserving the trichomes you need to spice the cereal bars with all the goodness of cannabis.
Decarboxylation is the process of using heat to activate the THC and CBD molecules inside your weed. Place your ground bud on a waxpaper-covered tray and bake it at 240°F (115°C) for 20 minutes or until it takes a brown color.
Now you are ready to infuse the butter. You may use clarified butter if you prefer, but it is not necessary. If you want vegan weed cereal bars, use vegan dairy-free butter for this part of the process or coconut oil.
In a small pot, bring half a cup of water to a boil, melt the butter, and mix in the decarbed cannabis. Let it simmer at the lowest heat you can, stirring once in a while without letting it boil. When it looks thick and glossy at the top, it will have absorbed all the cannabinoids and terpenes of the cannabis. Take it down to cool and strain it through some cheesecloth without pushing to remove the leftover weed. Wait until it solidifies and floats to drain any remaining water.
You can use proportional measures to infuse bigger batches and save for future projects. Cannabutter will keep fresh in your refrigerator or frozen for up to 6 months.
How to Make Cereal Bar Edibles
Now you have everything you need to bake some tasty cannabutter cereal bars. Remember to have at your disposition a large saucepan, a 9”x13” tray, and enough wax paper to cover it. If you are doing this recipe using a microwave oven, replace the saucepan with a microwave-safe bowl.
- 4 tbsp of cannabutter. You can use a mix of cannabutter and regular butter if you want a milder high.
- 1 pack of marshmallows.
- 6 cups of your favorite cereal.
- 1 cup of assorted nuts. Nuts are optional, depending on your tastes or allergies, but they can give your cannabis cereal bar an extra kick and healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
- Melt your cannabutter or cannabutter mix at low heat in your saucepan. Stir it constantly so it doesn’t burn. Add the marshmallows and keep stirring until they melt completely and mix evenly with the cannabutter. Do not let the mix get too hot, or it will harden like rock candy. We want our weed cereal bars to be soft and fluffy, not a menace to our teeth.
- If you are using a microwave, place your cannabutter or cannabutter mix with the marshmallows on the microwave-safe bowl and heat them on a high setting for 2 minutes. Be careful and use mittens when taking the bowl out. Stir the mixture and heat again for 1 minute. Stir again until the contents of the bowl are smooth.
- Add the cereal and the assorted nuts if you chose to use them. Mix well, taking care of completely coating the cereal and nuts with the melted marshmallows.
- Cover your 9”x13” tray with waxing paper. Be sure to fold it in the corners to avoid bubbles. Pour the cereal mix into it, spread it evenly, and press down on it using another piece of waxing paper. This pressing will help the firmness of our weed cereal bars.
- Wait for it to cool before cutting it into at least 12 pieces. It will taste better if you eat it the same day.
Share your cannabutter cereal bars while hanging out with friends, or eat them on your own. They are so delicious that we will not blame you for keeping them to yourself.
Remember that edibles can take a while to show their effects, so try not to eat them all in one sitting. These edibles will make you feel relaxed and calm. They are a great healthy snack to have before a nap or going to sleep.
As an alternative, you can try our Fruity Pebbles Edibles recipe. It is just as easy to make like this one, and the colorful finish will take you time-traveling to your childhood. Follow the rainbow to a tasty high with our delicious recipes.