How to Use a Joint Roller
When it comes to joints, being a beginner might be difficult. You have probably seen your friends rolling joints like pros, taking only a few minutes to do it while you constantly struggle to make anything even vaguely smoke-able.
The truth is, rolling a joint takes a good amount of practice. However, many of us simply don’t want to go through the hassle that learning how to roll a joint is. Fortunately for us, many brands have thought of a way to help both first-timers and experienced users save some time. Joint rollers, which are relatively new tools, will help you get a flawless joint following some simple steps.
In this guide, we will teach you how to use a joint roller and we will share with you some of the best tools you can find nowadays for this purpose. Whether you are really thinking of buying a joint roller, or already happen to have one, you will see how easy it is to make fancy joints to share with friends with this tool.
How Does a Joint Roller Work?
Although there are a plethora of different designs of joint rollers, they all work almost the same way. There are many joint roller machines that are under $7 and will give you the same results as the most expensive ones.
To use a joint roller, you will need the following items:
- A joint roller (RAW or TOP joint rollers are some of the most cheap ones)
- A KLIP or your prefered weed grinder
- Rolling paper
Once you have gathered all these items, get yourself a tray or a place you can use your joint roller without causing a mess. When ready, it is time to learn how to use your joint roller.
- Grind your herb. Use between 0.5 and 1.5 grams, since anything higher might create a really tight joint that won’t burn well. Keep your weed in the container until you insert it in the roller.
- Open up the rolling machine by sliding it up and over. If you look at each side of the machine, you will see grooves for the pegs to go through. Once you have unlocked the joint roller, run your finger over the middle to make sure there is room for your herb.
- Pack your herb between the two rollers on just once side. The remaining space at one end will be used to place your filter, so make sure you don’t load your weed there if you use filters. Remember that cramming too much won’t make a good joint, and it will burn unevenly.
- Now, roll your machine. Lock the roller nearest you and place both of your thumbs about ¼ of the way from the ends of the roll nearest you and place your two index fingers about ¼ in from the ends of the roll farther away from you. Then, pull your thumbs towards you and down while you move your fingers away from you and up.
This will ensure that both rollers are moving and your herb gets packed well. You will see that some ground cannabis will fall off, which is too totally normal in case you have packed too much.
- After rolling for a few seconds, it is time to use your rolling paper. Take the paper and insert it between the two rolls. You need to leave the sticky end facing up towards you. Now, give your roller about a half turn until only the part with the glue is sticking out. Lick it before you continue rolling another half turn.
- Now your joint is ready. Just unhinge the roller and take out your flawless joint. Light the end and start smoking your freshly packed herb.
At first, it might seem like a hard process. However, using a joint roller machine is one of the easiest ways to get a clean joint when you haven’t mastered yet the art of rolling a joint. Make a few more of them until you start to get the hang of it.
Best Joint Rollers
As we stated before, there are many brands that have come up with their very own rolling machines. From $7 up, you can get a great joint roller machine that will help you get your herb packed in minutes.
Here are some of the best joint rollers you can find on the market:
- RAW 79mm Rolling Machine: Definitely the best-selling rolling machine on the market, RAW created this portable and easy to use joint roller to help beginners. While you need to use papers that fit the bill to refrain them from crumbling, you can use other papers by simply cutting the excess to fit the mold. If you are looking for a cheap and effective rolling machine, count on RAW to do so.
- Zig Zag Rolling Machine: Thanks to its attention and consistency, Zig Zag has managed to create one of the best rolling machines on the market. If you like to smoke bigger joints, then getting a Zig Zag rolling machine is your best bet, since it will roll joints up to 100 mm long and work with single wide, 1 1/4, double wide, 1 1/2, and 100mm king size rolling papers.
- Rizla Rolling Machine: Both cigarettes and blunts come out as perfection using the Rizla Rolling Machine. You can use any size up to 110mm and handle king size, single wide, double wide, 1 1/4, 1 1/2, and 84mm. Moreover, this machine has ribbed aprons so the rolling paper will not slip while you are using the machine.
- Cone Artist Roller: If you want to level up your rolling machine game, try a Cone Artist Roller. This is an all-in-one cone roller, filler, and stuffer, allowing you to have it all in a quick and easy to use machine.
There are many other joint rolling machines that have more features helping you create more complex blunts. However, if you just want something to get by while you learn to roll your own joints, one of the machines listed above will do the trick.