How Much Do Bongs Cost?
Estimated 5-minute read
Ah, the humble bong pipe, mark of a true cannabis connoisseur, is certainly a coveted item among stoners for plenty of reasons. After all, bongs offer a unique and enjoyable smoking experience, making them a popular choice thanks to the smoother and cooler hit they provide compared to other methods, thanks to the fact that the smoke gets filtered through water, reducing the harshness and irritation that smoking usually causes in the throat and lungs. However, if you are interested in getting one, the first question that will pop in your mind is pretty obvious: how much do bongs cost? Do I go cheap, or what do I need to know before putting my hard-earned cash forward? Well, you are in luck, because today we’ll tell you everything you should consider before shopping for some bongs for weed.
Why do I want a bong?
Before you go looking for some cool bongs for sale, ask yourself this: why do I want one? Well, the truth is that bongs have plenty of advantages over other ways of consuming weed, so bongs could lend themselves better to your lifestyle if these positive features sound right for you. For example, did you know that bongs are…?
- A more efficient use of herbs: One of the best things about bongs is that they allow for a more efficient use of your cannabis stash because the smoke is filtered and cooled, reducing the amount you lose to the air. So if you are a more economically-minded stoner, these devices might be for you.
- Customizable: If you like to put your personal touch on all your stuff, then you will be pleased to know that bongs come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, and designs, making them completely customizable to your individual preferences. Of course, for truly custom pipes you might need to shell out some cash, but you can find the bong that perfectly captures your personality if you look hard enough.
- A social way to enjoy weed: One of the best aspects of bongs is that they can be used with friends, making them a social and communal experience while you pass them around during a nice get-together. And getting back into the customization bit, these kinds of gatherings are the best way to show-off your best bong around.
- Widely available: You can pretty much find bongs everywhere if you know where to look, and you live in a place where cannabis is a bit more socially acceptable. Be it in smoke shops or online retailers, finding a variety of bongs for any budget or taste is not that difficult, but we’ll talk more about that in a minute. For now, just know that finding one shouldn’t give you any trouble at all.
- Longer-lasting: Quality bongs are durable and can last for years with proper care and maintenance, so if you want your money’s worth, make sure you know everything you should about bongs. That way, you will have a smoking companion that will last years!
- Made of basically anything: Yeah, bongs can be made from a variety of materials, including glass, ceramic, plastic, metal, and you can even improvise them with things like apples (what?), giving cannabis enjoyers many options to choose from. Just remember that some materials might be better than others!
A buying guide for bongs
Okay, so now you are convinced that you want, nay, NEED a bong, so let’s check out some tips to know if you are paying for something worth it. As we mentioned, bongs are pretty versatile, and the wide variety of options can lead to decision paralysis more than help you get one. Don’t worry! The prices of bongs can be influenced by several factors, so make sure to keep in mind your bong’s…
- Material: The material used to make the bong can have a significant impact on its price. You might be tempted to go for a cheap glass bong but, while bongs made of high-quality glass can be more expensive than bongs made of acrylic or plastic, they will last a lot longer.
- Design and complexity: As we mentioned earlier, bongs come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and designs, but the more complex and intricate the design is, the more expensive the bong will be. So yeah, go for that rad alien-shaped bong, but be aware that it will not come cheap.
- Brand: I mean, cannabis is still part of a somewhat underground culture, but even here you can find brands and knock-offs. Certain brands of bongs may be more expensive than others due to their reputation for quality and craftsmanship, sure, but they can also give you a better product overall, so do your research before buying. You will thank us later.
- Size: It might be obvious to say that larger bongs may be more expensive than smaller ones due to the increased amount of material needed to make them, but this also ties on the type of material you choose. So if you want something family-sized (because your family is cool as hell), then a cheaper material like plastic might be the way to go.
- Features: You know what they say: looking for a new bong is identical to looking for a new phone; features are essential. So always look for bongs that give you more bang for your buck: some bongs come with additional features such as percolators, ice catchers, and ash catchers, which can add to the price, but also make them easier and more convenient to use.
- Rarity: If you want something truly special, limited edition or one-of-a-kind bongs (like this chinese bamboo bong from the mid 40s) may be more expensive due to their rarity and exclusivity, but will impress any knowledgeable stoner you invite to smoke. Taste is always paramount when it comes to bongs!
- Local availability: At this point, weed is slowly starting to become a socially acceptable pastime, but this also means that not everywhere is equal, so bongs that are not available locally (due to legality, restrictions, or else) may be more expensive due to the cost of shipping and handling. In consequence, always check your local laws to see if it’s safe to spend that much money on a cannabis device such as a bong!
Don’t take a hit to the wallet
Overall, the prices of bongs can vary widely depending on these and other factors, and it's important to carefully consider your budget and preferences when selecting a bong. If you are looking to purchase a bong on a budget, these tips will ensure you get the best value for your money, and don’t forget to set a budget before embarking on this adventure. By considering all of these factors, you can find a quality bong that fits your budget without sacrificing too much on the overall smoking experience.
Disclaimer: HØJ is not a medical advice blog, so please consult with a doctor if you have any questions regarding smoking!