Estimated 3-minute read
The Middle East amazes us with its beautiful diversity and mysticism. We all love its landscapes, its culture, its delicious food, and of course, its several top-level landrace cannabis.
What better way to pay homage to the Middle East than combining your favorite Kush strain with a super smooth hummus? Stay with us to learn a few simple tricks to make creamy homemade hummus edible.
This straightforward recipe it’s made with natural and healthy ingredients. Fresh, healthy, aromatic, and tasteful. Plus, it's vegan!
Cannabis Hummus Recipe
Hummus it’s the quintessential Middle East dip made primarily from chickpeas, a powerhouse of protein and feel-good vitamins. It also contains an ingredient called “tahini,” a simple mixture of ground sesame seeds and oil. This Israeli staple provides essential nutritional benefits for your body, while the cannabis-infused canola oil eases your mind and relieves your ailments.
- Metal Strainer
- Food Processor or a high-powered blender
- Silicone Spatula
- One 15-oz can of organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup organic tahini
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (no seeds)
- Two cloves fresh garlic
- 1/8th -1/4 cup cannabis-infused canola oil (depending on your desired strength and effect)
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 to 4 tbsp water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp dry ground cannabis flower buds
Servings: 1 cup of hummus
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cuisine: Middle East
Another herbastic option is to sprinkle some decarboxylated, ground cannabis flowers on top. Here’s a small guide to decarb your cannabis flower:
- Preheat your oven to 250 F.
- Grind 20 grams of buds. We recommend using our KLIP since it will easily create a fine powder to mix with the rest of the ingredients. What’s best is that the KLIP doesn’t crush your herb, keeping your strong and tasty trichomes safe.
- Spread the ground flower on a baking sheet and take it to the oven for 45 minutes.
- Check on your ground cannabis flower from time to time and stir to allow every piece to cook evenly.
- When the flower has turned brown, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool. If it crumbles easily between your fingers, it is ready to use.
Now, stir and enjoy with some carrot and celery sticks or with pita and bagel chips. You can also try to use it as a topping for your sandwiches or wraps or just with your salad or favorite pasta dish. The hummus will keep in the fridge for about a week and in the freezer for about a month. Make sure you use an airtight container to store it.
Note: Keep in mind that the quantity of the cannaoil used in this recipe is merely a suggestion. You should modify the cannaoil’s amount based on its particular strength and the potency desired. Dosing homemade edibles can be really tricky. The best way to test your cannaoil’s strength is to start with one portion of a serving and wait for one to two hours. To increase the dose used, check first how you feel before eating another portion.