This thirst-quencher is an Indian street corner staple. It has a simple allure that makes it perfect for sobre celebrations and an exciting refreshment on a hot day. Salty, sweet, sour, and cold, it's a bit like an electrolyte, so good pre/ during/ post-exercise. The sugar syrup required is worth making in bulk and having in your fridge for general drink-making/ sweetening.
- Pan and bottle for sugar syrup.
- A clean KLIP.
- Cool cup.
- 2 minutes (if prepared with syrup and ice)
- Save the zest of your squeezed limes. Mix zest with sugar or salt and grind through the KLIP as a mixer and garnish.
For 2 lime sodas.
- 1 sea salt (Maldon)
- 2 x limes,
- 1 tbsp sugar syrup*
- 250ml soda water
- For the Sugar Syrup: Put equal parts sugar* and water (we used 200g sugar + 200ml water makes 300ml of syrup) in a pan and bring to a soft bubble to dissolve.
- Transfer syrup into a bottle and store it in the fridge for up to a month.
*Can use brown sugar, coconut sugar of standard white sugar
For a high time, add a shot of tequila or vodka. For a chill, add a dash of CBD oil. Any herb dust leftover in the KLIP can also benefit the drink (depending on how you like it)
The kind of drink: That makes you feel like you're on holiday 😉