Estimated 3-minute read
It's no secret that cannabis-infused edibles are on everyone's lips today in more ways than one. And as the cannabis market grows, there are more and more options, products, and ways in which users can enjoy the benefits of this incredible plant.
When we talk about sweet edibles or desserts, it is undeniable that donuts are definitely one of those classic pastries that do not die and a favorite for many people worldwide. But, cannabis in your donuts? Just imagine that you can have your two favorites in one delicious dessert that will satisfy your craving while taking you on a direct journey to a restorative, relaxing and therapeutic experience.
Making edible donuts is entirely possible and much easier than you might think. Your usual donuts would not only be just as delicious, but now they would have the same therapeutic properties of the strain of cannabis with which you decide to infuse them. This article has brought you a practical and effective way to make this preparation from the complete comfort of your own home. So, gather your materials, and let’s get those hands to work to cook cannabis donuts.
Cannabis Donuts Recipe
For all of those people looking for a delicious, healthy cannabis-infused dessert recipe, we bring you this exquisite option of cannabis-infused donuts covered in cinnamon sugar. These Canna-donuts will take you to the top, both for their outstanding flavor as well as their effects. And if you are looking for an ethically baked vegan canna-donut choice, with this recipe, you will be able to make it just by following a slight change that we have included for you. Find out how you can make this tasty preparation in 5 simple steps.
- Donut pan
- Measuring cup
- Stand mixer
- 5 grams of your favorite cannabis strain
- 4 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of cannabis-infused whole milk or soy milk (vegan choice)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of applesauce
- 1/4 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup of pastry flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/4 tablespoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
Donut Glaze Ingredients
- 1/2 cup melted canna-butter or vegan canna-butter
- 1 cup regular sugar or powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Step by Step
- Preheat your oven to 240°F. Break the nugs into smaller pieces with a KLIP, place them inside an ovenproof bowl, add the coconut oil, cover the bowl with foil, and place it in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Take the bowl out of the oven and strain the coconut oil into a mixing bowl using a cheesecloth. Cast off the plant matter. The final result will be cannabis-coconut oil.
- Now raise the oven temperature to 350°F. Take the flour and screen it into a mixing bowl. Blend it with brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg until the mix is homogeneous. Then, gush the canna-milk into the bowl and mix it with the applesauce and the vanilla extract. Use the stand mixer to incorporate all ingredients.
- Oil the donut pan with canna-oil and then transfer the donut batter within the bowl into a zip bag. Cut a corner off the bottom of the zip bag to clench the batter into each donut cup. Every cup should be 3 ∕ 4 of the way full.
- With the oven at 350°F, place the donut pan to bake the donuts for 10 minutes or until the edges of the donuts are golden brown, and you can feel that intense and sweet smell of fresh-baked donuts.
- For glazing your canna-donuts, take the sugar and cinnamon and mix them in a bowl. Pour the melted butter into another bowl and dip the donuts on both sides. Then dip the donuts into the cinnamon-sugar blend to coat them uniformly with the mix, and that’s it. Canna-donuts ready!
Whether you did it regularly or you decided to go for the vegan option, at the end of this recipe, you will indeed have a deliciously sweet dessert that will also wipe every stress or tension away as you eat it. Canna-donuts are an excellent choice as an evening dessert or to enjoy with friends at a party. So, now that you have them, choose the best time for you and get ready to enjoy an incredible classic of desserts now with cannabis infusion that you will not forget.