Cannabutter Smoothie Recipe
Smoothies are one of the best ways to start your days since they combine different healthy ingredients to create a super-meal. Whether it is a banana, apple, or blueberry smoothie, there’s always a way to obtain your daily nutrients. However, did you know you can blend weed in a smoothie? This fantastic mix is not only refreshing and healthy but also energizing.
Start your day with a healthy, sweet, and potent cannabis smoothie. In case you want to learn how to make this delicious drink, follow our recipe to create the best cannabutter smoothie.
Cannabis Smoothie Recipe
- 3 tablespoons of cannabutter (or ½ cup of cannabis milk)
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup Greek vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup dairy milk
- A few ice cubes
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional)
These are the ingredients for a strawberry-banana cannabis smoothie. However, variety is the spice of life. Feel free to replace any fruit with your favorite and even add greens for a healthier drink.
Here are some other ideas to replace the bananas and strawberries of this recipe:
- Berry Smoothie: add ½ cup frozen blueberries instead of the frozen banana.
- Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie: instead of strawberries, add two tablespoons of peanut butter, one tablespoon cocoa powder, and one teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie: add ½ cup of frozen blueberries, one tablespoon chia seeds, and 1 tablespoon hemp seeds for a healthier drink.
- Mango, Strawberry, Pineapple Smoothie: use ½ peeled mango, chopped, ½ cup strawberries, and ½ chopped pineapple. Besides, you can use 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
Decarb Your Flower
Although it takes time, decarbing your flower is the best option for those who don’t have cannabutter at hand. This process is necessary to activate the cannabinoids and compounds of your cannabis flower, as you can’t just blend it into the mix.
- Preheat your oven to 250 F.
- Use approximately 1 cup of butter for every ½ of weed.
- Grind your buds. We recommend using our KLIP, a perfect grinder to preserve your flower’s trichomes without crushing it.
- Spread the ground flower on a baking sheet and take it to the oven for 45 minutes.
- Check on your ground cannabis flower from time to time and stir to allow every piece to cook evenly.
- When the flower has turned brown, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool. If it crumbles easily between your fingers, it is ready to use.
Once your flower is done, take coconut oil and infuse it with the decarbed weed. Heat both ingredients for about 30-60 minutes. Stir every 15 or 20 minutes, making sure the carrier oil or butter doesn’t burn.
Step by Step
Time Required: 10 minutes
Serving size: 1 glass
- Melt your cannabutter on low heat and set aside when liquid.
- Add all the ingredients, except for the ice cubes, to a blender on medium-high power.
- Add in the ice cubes and blend once again until the consistency is creamy.
- Pour your cannabis smoothie in a glass and enjoy the delightful buzz.