Cannabis Granola Bars Recipe
Estimated 3-minute read
Preparing cannabis-infused granola bars may sound complicated to those who are not very familiar with the subject. Still, the truth is that making deliciously nutritious and also therapeutic THC or CBD-infused granola bars can be much easier than you imagine. The best thing about this recipe is that you can adapt it to your liking and add a wide variety of different mix-in ingredients.
To make your regular granola bars recipe into cannabis heaven, you have a couple of options to add that extra touch of therapeutic benefits you want. You will not find any of these products we are talking about in a regular grocery store yet. We are talking about canna-butter and canna-honey, two cannabis-infused ingredients that can take your edible granola bar recipe to the next level.
Edible Granola Bars Recipe
Cannabis granola bars are among the tastiest and most practical options of healthy edibles. To prepare them at home, you can add canna-butter or canna-honey to your favorite granola bar recipe. You can also add both if you are looking for a more intense experience. Nonetheless, always keep in mind to ingest the correct dose to avoid a too-strong-to-stand experience. For this reason, we will use cannabutter only in this particular recipe.
- KLIP or regular grinder
- Measuring cup
- Double boiler
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- 7 to 10 grams of your favorite cannabis flower
- 1 cup of butter
- ⅓ of a cup of raw honey or canna-honey
- 3 cups of rolled oats
- ½ cup of chopped almonds
- ½ cup of raisins
- ¼ of a cup of hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 cup of melted chocolate (optional)
Make your cannabutter
- Start by preheating the oven to 250°F. Break your buds into pieces large enough to fit into the slicing chamber of your KLIP. Use the screen with smaller holes so that your herb is finely ground and cooks evenly.
- Take the baking sheet, place parchment paper on top, spread the ground cannabis evenly on the paper, and bake the tray for about 40 minutes or until all the cannabis is evenly cooked.
- Place the cup of butter in a double boiler to melt it. Double boiling the butter will prevent the butter from overheating or burning. Once you melt it, add the ground cannabis and keep the mixture simmering at a constant temperature of 160ºF to 190ºF for 2 to 3 hours. The mixture should not come to a full boil.
- Remove the butter from the heat and let it cool for a moment. Now, take the strainer, cover it with cheesecloth and strain the butter to separate the vegetable matter from your now-ready canna-butter. Squeeze the cheesecloth to extract the remaining butter.
Step by step
- Raise your oven temperature to 350°F. Take the baking tray and cover it with another piece of parchment paper, and set it aside.
- Place a clean saucepan over low heat, pour the butter and mix it with syrup, honey, brown sugar, cinnamon, and ginger powder. Stir the mixture until the sugar dissolves homogeneously.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool for a moment until you can handle it. Add the oats, hazelnuts, raisins, the chopped almonds, or the mix-in ingredients you want to add and blend all elements until you coat everything evenly in syrup.
- Pour the granola mixture into the baking tray, spread it evenly, and press down with the spatula to create a compact layer.
- Bake the cannabis-infused granola bar mix for 25 minutes or until the surface of the mixture appears brown or tan. Then, remove the tray from the oven and let it cool.
- Cut the granola bars to the size you desire. We recommend cutting them at 1 ½ inch by 4 inches. If you want to add a bit of extra chocolate, this is the perfect moment. Take the melted chocolate and spread it on top of your granola bars. Take them into the fridge for about 15 minutes.
Now you just have to relish these delicious healthy snacks with cannabis infusion. You can take these tasty and therapeutic cannabis granola bars with you.
Your granola bars can last up to a week if you store them in an air-tight container.