Estimated 3-minute read
When it comes to sweets, we can say that cannabis-infused honey has a place among the classics and favorites of many users worldwide. Canna-honey is a deliciously sweet dish that unites two of nature's most magnificent and therapeutic gifts, honey and cannabis.
You can add canna-honey as a sweetener to any of your favorite sweet preparations. In turn, you are adding a touch of the uplifting and therapeutic powers that this deliciously sweet, almost miraculous natural substance has to offer.
The beneficial effects of honey added to the wide range of medicinal properties of cannabis blended in a single substance makes canna-honey an edible option that will sweeten your day and benefit your health and overall well-being. In the following article, we will teach you how to make cannabis honey from scratch.
Is THC Soluble in Honey?
Honey carries a load of medicinal qualities, and people use it for food and medicine since unmemorable times. High-quality honey contains a good amount of antioxidants and is associated with improvements in blood cholesterol levels and reduced blood pressure.
THC, like other cannabinoids, is not soluble in water-based products, such as honey. Thus, to infuse the psychoactive effects of cannabis into honey, you will first have to decarboxylate your buds to activate the THC in them. This way, the THC in your cannabis flowers can join the preparation efficiently, and you can receive the psychoactive effects you are looking for in this tasty and beneficial edible.
As incredible as it sounds, experts admit that it would be theoretically possible to train bees to pollinate cannabis flowers and produce canna-honey. But it would be somewhat impractical and perhaps quite difficult to achieve. One of the best-known ways to make cannabis honey is to take your decarboxylated herb and use a cheesecloth to hold the cannabis and dip it in the honey.
However, this method can be inefficient since THC does not fully fuse with the honey. Therefore, you would not be getting the most out of the THC within your buds. To obtain stronger canna-honey in terms of psychoactive potency, you can use the help of a bit of coconut oil and an emulsifier called lecithin. Using these two products will allow the THC to bind to the coconut oil, and the lecithin will help the THC coconut oil to better infuse with the honey.
Cannabis Honey Recipe
Making this sweet, classic, and healthy cannabis substance in a proper and faster way can be easier than you imagine, and you can perfectly do it in the comfort of your home.
- 2 to 4 grams of cannabis buds from your favorite strain
- KLIP or regular grinder
- 350 ml of raw all-natural honey
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower lecithin
- Mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- Glass jar
- Electric mixer (optional)
Step by step
- First of all, you will have to decarb your buds. To do this, pre-heat the oven to 250°F. Tear the nugs into smaller pieces and get them into your KLIP. If possible, use the smaller screen in your KLIP to slice your weed nugs into a fine powder.
- After you adequately ground all the weed, spread it on a baking sheet, and put it in the oven for 30 to 45 minutes. Stir the ground cannabis on the sheet so it cooks evenly. You will know that your cannabis is decarboxylated and ready to use when it turns into a brownish color, and it crumbles easily in your fingers.
- In a mixing bowl, blend one tablespoon of coconut oil, one tablespoon of sunflower lecithin, and your ground cannabis. Mix until you see no clumps.
- Pour the honey into the mixing bowl where you have the mixture and mix thoroughly until you have a homogeneous and smooth texture. You can use an electric mixer if you feel it is too hard to mix by hand.
- Store your canna-honey in a jar and make sure to refrigerate. Outdated lecithin may cause the canna-honey to become rancid.