Toffee Edibles Recipe
Toffee is a candy snack that anyone enjoys at any time of year. You can wrap it as a nice present or put it in place settings at a social gathering by itself. When you infuse this sweet treat with cannabis, it becomes even better. The following cannabutter toffee recipe is great because you can change it depending on how powerful you want your finished product to be. Add some extra cannabutter if so, and you're good to go for that crunchy experience.
This quick cannabis edible recipe will guide you on how to make a classic delicious marijuana toffee. You can either dip the tops in chocolate and sprinkle crushed nuts on top, gently pour the chocolate in patterns of your choosing, or leave them unadorned. In any case, this is sure to be a hit with your entire group of friends or family! The best thing is that you can take them with you everywhere you go and eat them whenever you want. All you need are easy-to-find ingredients and materials you probably already have in your house or are purchased in any convenience store.
How to Make Toffee With Cannabutter
- Small stockpot
- Baking sheet
- Wax paper
- Candy thermometer
- Wooden spoon
- Large stockpot with water
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cannabutter
- 200 grams of chocolate milk or
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup medium chopped nuts like pecans, walnuts, or whatever you find fitting.
Decarb Your Flower
You can easily find cannabutter at some specialty cannabis stores. However, making it is not difficult at all. Moreover, it will allow you to control how much THC or CBD you want your butter to have. Learn here how to make cannabutter.
- Preheat your oven to 250 F.
- Grind 20 grams of buds. We recommend using our KLIP since it will easily create a fine powder to mix with the rest of the ingredients. The KLIP doesn’t crush your herb, retaining its tasty trichomes for a powerful flavor.
- Spread the ground flower on a baking sheet and take it to the oven for 45 minutes.
- Check on your ground cannabis flower from time to time and stir to allow every piece to cook evenly.
- When the flower has turned brown, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool. If it crumbles easily between your fingers, it is ready to use.
To infuse it into butter, take your preferred oil or butter and heat both ingredients for about 30-60 minutes. Stir every 15 or 20 minutes, making sure the carrier oil or butter doesn’t burn.
Step by Step
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 20 bites
Calories (average): 124 kcal
THC (average): 200 mg
- Pour the sugar, cannabutter, regular butter, water, and salt into your small stockpot. If you want to boost your edible strength, change the amount of cannabutter while decreasing the amount of standard butter to a total of 1 cup. This means you can use half a cup of cannabutter and half a cup of regular butter.
Note: When using salted butter, don’t add the extra tablespoon of salt.
- Melt and incorporate your cannabutter toffee mixture in a stockpot on low heat. Ensure that you move it constantly until it begins to melt with a spoon or some chunks of butter will surface, so be attentive and don’t leave it for too long.
- While you wait, cover your baking sheet by lining it with wax paper, filling up a larger pot halfway with cold water, and dousing the mixture for cooling later. You can leave this in the fridge to do it faster.
- Continue to cook the cannabutter toffee mixture on low heat until it begins to boil. It is better if you use a pot that distributes heat evenly to avoid ruining the rest.
- Place your candy thermometer in the center of the pot once you see it bubbling. Steadily stir, scraping the edges to prevent some of the butter or sugar from burning.
- Keep moving the mixture with the spoon until the candy thermometer reads 300°F. Lift the stockpot from the stove and dowse the bottom of it within the larger stockpot with ice-cold water until it reaches the desired temperature. This will cause the metal to cool quickly, stopping the cannabutter toffee treat from cooking.
Tip: If you like a soft crack bar, similar to the ones you purchase, then let it reach 280°F.
- Pour your marijuana-infused toffee onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper right away and set it aside to cool. The toffee is still really hot, and it will harm you, therefore do not manipulate with your bare hands even if it seems to be cold enough.
- For the chocolate layer, melt a couple of bars or 1 cup of the kind you prefer (whether it is dark or milk) in the microwave for 10 seconds to prevent burning it, or use a double boiler if you prefer.
- Using a spatula, spread the liquid chocolate uniformly over the weed toffee mixture. Allow the toffee to cool and settle for about 2 hours after adding the chopped nuts or any other topping. You can place the baking in the fridge to speed the process, but only when the toffee is relatively warm and not too hot.
- When the cannabutter toffee has fully cooled, grab the already firm candy and cut or split it apart with a knife into smaller weed flavored toffee treats per serving size or bite-sized bits. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for maximum durability (2 weeks approx.)
All you need to do is enjoy responsibly! This tasty treat will calm your cravings for sure. Besides, it is super easy and quick to make. You can also put some saltine crackers to put at the bottom of your toffee and even increase the dosage when you need a strong hit, and as edibles usually last longer, it will help you more in case you are a medical user.