Rice Krispie Treats Edibles Recipe
Are your friends coming over to your place, and you want to surprise them with a fun and sweet treat? If you are currently looking for something that your friends would love, look no further. We’ve brought you this no-bake recipe to one iconic retro treat with a unique twist.
Is there any much more pleasant way to eat your cereal, rather than with a bowl full of milk? Well, yes! Rice Krispie Treats are a staple, which millions of Americans have enjoyed through the years. Once you take the first bite, you will instantly remember why.
Now, you are about to level up your childhood favorite treat. Learn how to turn these into your favorite adult edibles! We guarantee that your friends will leave not even a single square. Read below our recipe to make cannabis Rice Krispie treats.
How Much Cannabutter to Use in Rice Krispy Treats?
Like all good desserts, the base of this trippy childhood classic treat is cannabis butter. But, how much cannabutter do we use for these sweet rice bits? It all depends on how potent you want your cannabis Rice Krispy treats to be. You can either use:
- Two tablespoons of cannabis-infused butter + one tablespoon of regular butter
- ¼ cannabis-infused butter
- ½ cannabis-infused butter
Because we like our sweet treats extra-gooey, extra-marshmallowy, and extra-buttery, option C is today’s selection for a flavorful result.
Cannabis Rice Krispies Treats Edibles Recipe
Servings: 12 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Snack Cuisine: American
Calories: 130 kcal
The marshmallow & cereal ratio is a crucial factor in a Rice Krispie treat recipe. If you add too much cereal, your rice-squares will taste dry and crunchy. On the other hand, too much marshmallow results in sticky squares falling apart.
- Stir Stick
- 9×13 inch baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Non-stick spray
- 1/2 cup cannabutter
- One 10-ounces bag of Mini Marshmallows
- 5 cups Rice Crispy Cereal. Cocoa Pebbles or Fruity Pebbles also work.
- ½ teaspoons Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free Rice Krispies cereal.
Step by Step
- Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Lightly grease the parchment using your non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Melt the cannabis butter over low heat in a large saucepan. Once melted, add the marshmallows.
- Stir constantly the mixture for two minutes until the marshmallows melt completely.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and salt immediately.
- Add the crispy rice cereal in and keep stirring until the grain looks well-coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to the previously prepared baking pan by using a buttered spatula. Spread mixture gently to fit the pan.
- Lightly grease the back of a flat spatula and spread the mixture evenly over the 9 x 13-inch pan, pressing down very gently. Do not compact it with force; otherwise, your treats will be thin and hard.
- Set for at least 1 hour at room temperature. Cover this sweet treat tightly if you’re leaving out for more than a few hours. On the other hand, you can set it aside for up to one day.
- To lift it out of the pan, grab the whole rice Krispie treat from the parchment paper. Cut into 2x2 inch squares to create 12 equal servings.
- Best if served the same day. You can cover and store leftover treats in layers between sheets of parchment or wax paper inside an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Cannabis Rice Krispie treats aren’t the best dessert to freeze because the texture isn’t the same after thawing as it was. In case you need to freeze these squares, place them in layers between sheets of parchment or wax paper in a freezer container for six weeks. Thaw at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
How to Make Rice Crispy Edibles with Wax
Is it possible to make our Cannabis Rice Krispie Treats even better? Yes, you can! Follow these simple steps to make these classic, sticky, gooey goodness.
- Grill tongs
- A Pyrex jar or beaker
- Candy thermometer
- 1 gram of cannabis wax
- A bottle of vegetable oil
- One butter stick
- On the stove, fill the saucepan with vegetable oil and raise the temperature to a stable 250°F, with a candy thermometer to monitor the temperature.
- Place the wax into a glass beaker and use tongs to submerge it 1/2 inch deep in oil for 20 minutes, making sure it remains stable at 250°F. The wax will start to bubble.
- When the bumps go from big to very small, you will know it is ready. Remove from heat.
- Melt the butter stick and pour into the glass beaker with wax.
- While the ingredients are still warm, whisk together until wax and butter are well mixed.
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, around 125 to 150°F, melt marshmallows gradually with two tablespoons of water. Add your cannabutter made with wax.
- After this, follow the previous recipe from step 4.
If you leave the mixture heat for longer than 20 minutes will result in a more soothing, “couch-lock” effect. Moreover, decarboxylating it for a lesser amount of time or heat will not activate the THC enough to be noticed.
To understand the potency of the cannabutter you have just made, take the total THC percentage of the initial wax you used. For example, two grams of wax testing at 82.2% put into two sticks of butter would give you a total butter concentrate of 1,644mg, and each tablespoon would be 102.75mg THC.