No-Bake Cannabutter Fudge Recipe
Estimated 3-minute read
Wanting to try a new recipe is an impulse that attacks us from time to time, even more, when we have been craving something really bad but don’t really want to spend time going to a shop to buy it. Instead, you find the courage to look for a simple recipe that will entertain you and unlock a skill. And why not starting with a delicious and easy no-bake chocolate fudge? To make it more fun, add cannabutter to this great idea, and it is the perfect deal.
With the following recipe, you will have a fantastic dessert in a matter of minutes that will satisfy your senses. Besides, it only needs things you probably already have in your fridge and kitchen. Hence, the risk of ruining the process is minimal compared to the powerful and tasty reward this cannabutter fudge is for those edible-enthusiasts.
Cannabutter Fudge Recipe
- One small saucepan
- Large mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon or a spatula
- Large flat pan
- Parchment paper
- 1 lb (4 sticks) of cannabutter
- 2 lbs or 7 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of your favorite cocoa
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- This one is optional but get nuts, dried fruits, or similar if you want to have more crunchy bites.
Decarb Your Flower
In case you don’t have cannabutter, you can easily make yours before diving into the fudge recipe. Pick your favorite cannabis flower and get to work.
To decarb your cannabis flower using an oven, follow these simple steps:
- Preheat your oven to 250 F.
- Break the buds up. For this purpose, you can use a grinder or your fingers. Make sure you have tiny pieces since it will make the process much easier.
We recommend using our KLIP, since its different blade sizes will allow you to reach the desired consistency. Moreover, your ground weed will preserve its trichomes, enabling you to have a more powerful cannabutter.
- Spread the ground flower on a baking sheet, creating a thin layer, and take it to the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Check on your ground cannabis flower from time to time and “stir” it to cook evenly.
When the hemp flower has turned brown, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool. If it crumbles easily between your fingers, it is ready to use.
Now that you have decarboxylated your flower, you can infuse it into butter. You can also use coconut oil or ghee to make your cannabutter fudge. For this purpose, heat both the decarbed flower and your oil or butter for about 30-60 minutes. Once it has cooled down, you have a delicious cannabutter for your no-bake fudge.
Step by Step
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: 15 - 18 minutes
Serving size: 1
- First, put the parchment paper in the flat pan and place it aside. This will help you to lift out the fudge out of the pan easily once it hardens.
- Now, put the dry ingredients in the large mixing bowl. Pour the powdered sugar and the cocoa and move around with the spatula or spoon.
- Then, mix the peanut butter and cannabutter in the saucepan while melting them in low heat and adding vanilla essence.
- Pour the already melted butter into the large bowl where the cocoa and sugar are and stir until everything is smooth. Here you can add the nuts and dried fruits while you are mixing.
- Pour this concoction into the flat pan and press it until it looks flat and even. You can help yourself with the spatula to spread out the fudge.
- Last, place the mix in the fridge for about 3 three hours or until it is completely firm.
- After you take it out of the flat pan, cut the fudge into 1-inch pieces approximately.
When it is time to store the rest of the fudge, those bits should last about one month in the fridge, or if you prefer airtight containers, it will stay fresh for one week.
That’s it! There is no reason why you shouldn’t give it a chance. Don’t worry about the cannabinoid in the cannabutter. As long as you keep the temperature below 325 degrees, it will be absolutely fine. Be creative and include other ingredients in the recipe; you can even change the essence’s flavor.