Cannabis Chocolate Cake Recipe
Is there something more iconic than a sweet, rich chocolate cake? A spongy, creamy cake is the best way to leave your worries for another time. And if you think it can’t get better than that, wait to taste our delicious cannabis chocolate cake recipe.
As you may know, cannabis edibles are all over the place now, and they will give you the chance to have the benefits of weed in your system by indulging in a sweet treat, such as a chocolate cake with weed. In case you want to know how to make this delicious recipe, follow our step-by-step guide below.
Chocolate Cake Recipe with Cannabis Butter
- 3- 9-inch round cake pans
- Medium size bowl
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups boiling water
- ½ cup cannabutter
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
You can also use your favorite chocolate cake mix and follow the instructions on the package, adding cannabutter instead of regular butter.
Decarb Your Flower
In case you don’t have cannabutter, you can make yours and use it in all types of recipes. Although it takes time, it will definitely pay off, as you will use your favorite cannabis strains for this purpose and control the amount of THC, CBD, or any other cannabinoid you like.
- Preheat your oven to 250 F.
- Grind 20 grams of buds. We recommend using our KLIP since it will create a fine powder to easily mix with the rest of the ingredients. Moreover, your ground weed will preserve its trichomes, enabling you to have a more powerful cannabutter.
- Spread the ground flower on a baking sheet and take it to the oven for 45 minutes.
- Check on your ground cannabis flower from time to time and stir to allow every piece to cook evenly.
- When the flower has turned brown, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool. If it crumbles easily between your fingers, it is ready to use.
Once your flower is done, take your preferred oil or butter and infuse it with the decarbed weed. Heat both ingredients for about 30-60 minutes. Stir every 15 or 20 minutes, making sure the carrier oil or butter doesn’t burn.
Step by Step
Time Requires: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Serving size: 3 dozen slices cannabis chocolate cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease three 9- inch round cake pans.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, unsweetened cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Make sure everything is well-incorporated.
- Add eggs, cannabutter, and vanilla extract. Mix again until well-blended.
- Pour boiling water over the mix until the batter is smooth and creamy.
- Spread the batter evenly between the 3 cake pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Allow to cool.
Now you have a tasty cannabis chocolate cake ready to share with friends to take a trip to outer space. Remember that extra cake can be frozen for up to 6 weeks.