Weed Cornbread Recipe
There are many edible recipes; however, nothing beats a classic cornbread. This recipe is ideal for getting you high without the actual sugar high, and for those who are new to cooking with cannabis, it is easy to follow, so don’t be afraid of messing up.
Weed Cornbread Recipe
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 1 egg (at room temperature)
- 1 cup milk (at room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cannabutter or canna-oil
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup fine-ground cornmeal
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoon baking powder
The strains you can use are of your preference, and it is entirely up to you based on your taste, tolerance, and the effects you want to experience. However, you may want to use a sweet strain that doesn’t have a fruity profile.
For gluten-free cannabis cornbread, simply replace all-purpose flour with the gluten-free flour of your choice.
Decarb Your Flower
In case you don’t have cannabutter or canna-oil, you can make yours and use it in all types of recipes. Although it takes time, it will definitely pay off, as you will use your favorite cannabis strains for this purpose and control the amount of THC, CBD, or any other cannabinoid you like.
- Preheat your oven to 250 F.
- Grind 20 grams of buds. We recommend using our KLIP since it will create a fine powder to mix with the ingredients easily. Moreover, your ground weed will preserve its trichomes, enabling you to have a more powerful cannabutter.
- Spread the ground flower on a baking sheet and take it to the oven for 45 minutes.
- Check on your ground cannabis flower from time to time and stir to allow every piece to cook evenly.
- When the flower has turned brown, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool. If it crumbles easily between your fingers, it is ready to use.
- Take your preferred oil or butter and infuse it with the decarbed weed. Heat both ingredients for about 30-60 minutes. Stir every 15 or 20 minutes, making sure the carrier oil or butter doesn’t burn.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: cornmeal, sugar, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a small bowl, melt the egg, cannabutter/canna oil, and milk in a microwave or a saucepan on the stove over medium heat. Let cool and whisk them together.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ones and stir them together until well-combined.
- Spray a pan or skillet with cooking oil.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan or killet and spread evenly.
- Cook for 25-35 minutes until the batter turns golden.
- When ready, let it slightly cool before removing it from the plan. Slice 12 equal pieces and serve.
You usually can’t find cannabis cornbread in dispensaries due to the short shelf-life it has. So it is recommended to eat while moist and buttery. However, you can also store it in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days. Otherwise, store in the fridge for up to one week or in the freezer for up to 6 weeks and heat in the microwave for 20 seconds.
Now you can enjoy this perfect sweet homemade, and delicious cannabis cornbread. Once you feel confident with the recipe and gain experience, you can play around with the recipe by adding cheese and jalapeno slices to substitute for the sugar.