How to Roll a Perfect Swisher
For those who are new to cannabis, Swisher Sweets are a common and widely distributed cigar brand that is known for being open secret in the cannabis world. Often called 'swishers', this is just one of the many ways in which people choose to wrap a blunt. You can think of them as the sibling version of a blunt, because swishers in particular are of a certain size, but still as powerful.
The concept is simple: it is a cigar that has been emptied of its rolling tobacco leaf and packed with cannabis. Although not quite as iconic as the traditional joint, it is difficult to overlook the cultural importance of swishers even in pop culture. Moreover, in Europe and the Middle East, where hash is the more affordable version of marijuana, the fusion of tobacco and cannabis is particularly common, but Swishers have the All-American essence.
The enhanced sensation created thanks to the cannabis mix with the tobacco wrap is favored by many, while others enjoy the range of flavors available in a lot of cigars like the all time classic Swisher Sweets. In comparison to rolling a joint, rolling a swisher has its own problems, so we have prepared a basic guide to blunt rolling to help you roll your own.
How to Roll a Perfect Swisher
There are about two grams of cannabis inside a good-sized Swisher, but packing it out or choosing going thinner when you roll one won't cause big problems when you get used to doing it. Additionally, take into account that, although Swishers are a wonderful option, tobacco undoubtedly presents risks associated, so be aware prior to actually making them your daily consumption style.
Now that you know this, you can learn how to roll a perfect swisher in some simple steps:
- Step 1: Get a pack of Swisher Sweets from a local retailer. They usually come in duo. Choose the one that calls your attention from the pile and break it from the bottom, which is a more conical part than the top where you'd light it up.
- Step 2: Once you have the cigarrillo bottom cut, get rid of the tobacco inside and replace it with one or two grams (enough for a normal cigarillo size) of a well-ground flower that still has some heft. Be careful, however, because you don't want to turn it into powder or over process your bud.
- Step 3: To fill the swisher uniformly, roll the weed between your fingers. Furthermore, be mindful of the fact that if you have not properly moistened the wrap, it could break down. Tuck the wrap under itself and wet the inside of the exposed edge evenly once you've packed and formed the blunt. Smooth out the piece using your fingertips.
- Step 4: Dry your swisher now that it is rolled to help it stay firmly glued and facilitate an even burn. Run the lighter lengthwise over the seam while spinning to dry all outside too. What you want is the heat, not the direct flame on the swisher. That is why you need to keep the lighter at a safe distance.
Pros and Cons
For some users, putting the nicotine present in tobacco in their cannabis experience is an absolute no, while for others, it is a nice treat to enjoy once in a while. However, this is not a big deal to people who can’t let go the added softness and spiciness of tobacco in their spliff or blunts.
This is why people seem to love or hate blunts. The main reason is that some tobacco leaves turn smoke too harsh for their throats. Yet, it has other good things to highlight:
- Improved effects: The cigar adds a buzz and strength to your high.
- Taste and aroma: Many users love the smell of a blunt burning, particularly if a nice cigar or a flavored wrap is used.
- Compact: You can take a blunt anywhere and store them whenever you want, just like joints.
- Long lasting: Blunts burn slower than joints therefore, no matter your smoking pace, they last much longer.
It is difficult to accomplish Swisher's prestige. In this sense, it is no wonder why this type of roll has remained relevant for as long as Swishers have, with a unique size and flavor comparable to some cigars, along with affordability and ease to source. If you happen to learn how to roll a perfect swisher, make sure to take them with you to a party to surprise your friends.