Estimated 4-minute read
Looking for a gift to treat yourself?
If you’ve had an air purifier for weed smoke in your Amazon cart, this is the sign to get one, but not just any air purifier; it has to be the right kind so it can clean up the cannabis smoke properly.
Before we start, you must know something critical in your quest to look for the perfect air purifier: eliminating cannabis particles requires a specific type of filter, meaning that you should look for a particular weed technology because not all air purifiers will do the trick.
Benefits of using an air purifier
We’ve done a little bit of research, so you don’t have to. The following are the benefits of using an air purifier, as stated by the Home Air Guides:
- Relieves symptoms of asthma
- Removes harmful chemicals like nitrogen dioxide from the air inside your home
- Helps relieve symptoms of allergies by removing pollutants like dust, pollen, and even your pet’s dander
- Help remove pathogens, other airborne diseases, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Neutralizes unpleasant odors from cooking odor and smoking tobacco and weed
How to choose an air purifier for weed smoke?
As stated before, the efficacy of the air purifier depends on the filter’s technology. Experts such as Home Air Guides and HVAC Training recommend the following combination for the device: HEPA filter and activated carbon.
Okay, cool, but what is a HEPA filter?
I’m glad you asked; HEPA stands for High-Efficiency Particulate Air. HVAC mentions that the smelliest particulates in weed smoke are between 2.5 and 0.03 microns in size. The efficient technology in HEPA filters makes it incredibly easy to capture almost every particle size, getting rid of 99.97% of all contaminants.
And what does an activated carbon filter do?
The HEPA and activated carbon filter go hand in hand, almost like macaroni and cheese. According to HVAC, as the HEPA filter removes larger impurities from the air, activated carbon works on microscopic scent particles, especially combustible gasses and volatile organic compounds (VOCs). This filter will adsorb (a type of absorption specifically for gasses and fine liquids) contaminant smells and scents.
Best air purifiers for weed smoke:
Considering the information given above, let’s dive right into a list of the best air purifiers, ranked from most expensive to least.
RabbitAir BioGS 2.0
HVAC ranks this air purifier as their #1, being the best overall.
Here are some of the pros that stand out:
- The air purifier has a very complete four-stage purification process
- It comes with a pre-filter, which cuts off larger particles such as pet hair and dust before they can clog the HEPA filter.
- The third stage is an activated carbon filter which removes odors, smoke, and other common household chemicals from the air.
- It comes with a smart, energy-efficient design, which uses up minimal power.
Standard price: $369.95
Bissell Smart Purifier
Home Air Guides recommends this purifier due to the following pros:
- Three-stage filtration for clean air
- Includes a pre-filter, activated carbon filter, and an H13 HEPA filter to capture large and fine particles, home odors, odors from pets, and VOCs
- Rated for spaces up to 1,252 square feet
Standard price: $236.89
VEVA 8000 Elite Pro Series Air Purifier
Home Air Guides gives the #1 spot to this air purifier, mentioning that it is perfect for a bedroom or home office.
Some of the pros:
- Equipped with a true HEPA filter that captures particles as small as 0.3 microns
- Includes an activated carbon pre-filter to tackle odor
- 100% ozone-free, making it safe for kids and pets
- Nice design
Standard price: $116.99
HVAC rates this air purifier as the best regarding the money spent (price) and functionality.
Some of the pros:
- The filtration process starts with the pre-filter, which takes care of larger airborne particles
- Smart auto mode: the device uses a sensor to check and indicate the quality of the air in the room, then automatically suggests the best fan speed
- Filters must be changed every six months, but they’re cheaper than their competitors’ replacement filters.
Standard price: $161.02
LEVOIT Core 300 Air Purifier
This air purifier is included in Home Air Guides' top 4 for the following reasons:
- Relatively small and portable: measures less than 9 inches in diameter and stands about 16 inches high
- It offers the three-stage air purification with a pre-filter
- Removes 99.97% of airborne particles like pollen, dust, mold, and smoke
Standard price: $99.99
Both HVAC and Home Air Guides agree that this air purifier is excellent for small rooms like bedrooms, kitchens, and offices. However, this is the only air purifier that lacks smart features; that’s why it is one of the cheapest purifiers for weed smoke. It’s basic, but it works wonders.
Some of the pros:
- Three-stage purification process
- Incorporates proper HEPA filtration to remove up to 99.97% of airborne particles
- Great performance of UV-C light to kill airborne viruses and other germs
Standard price: $85.99
Let us know in the comments below if we’ve succeeded in getting yourself an air purifier. If you already have one, tell us which is your favorite.
Author: Mary Jane
Barrington, K. (2022). What is the Best Air Purifier for Weed Smoke? Home Air Guides. Retrieved from https://homeairguides.com/best-air-purifier-for-weed-smoke/
Wells, B. (2022). Best Air Purifiers For Weed Smoke – 2021 Top Picks. HVAC Training 101. Retrieved from https://hvactraining101.com/air-purifiers/weed-smoke/