How to Use a Dry Herb Vape Pen
Estimated 5-minute read
While smoking out of pipes and bongs is the most common way to enjoy cannabis, there are new devices to improve your smoking experience. Vaporizers offer a powerful and reliable way to get the benefits of cannabis for both recreational and medicinal purposes. All this without the health risks of smoking that joints or pipes bring with them.
If you have smoked cannabis for a long time, you may remember that before, the only available vaporizers were big and had to be used at home. This allowed users to have a comfortable vaping session in the privacy of their bedrooms, but when the time came to go outside, things changed. Fortunately, thanks to the advancement of vape technology, vaporizers are becoming more portable and affordable than ever before.
In case you are not familiar with this item and you want to learn how to use a dry herb vape pen, we will solve all your doubts to help you have the best vaping experience you can have.
What Is a Dry Herb Vape Pen?
Dry herb vape pens are a cost-effective and ideal alternative for those who don’t enjoy using the traditional cannabis smoking methods. These vape pens are small, compact vaporizers that allow you to vape dry herb wherever you are. It is important to note that not all vape pens work as dry herb vaporizers since most of them are made for oils and concentrates. This is why you should pay attention to each product’s specifications before buying.
Although it may seem like an unnecessary investment, a dry herb vape pen will help you get the most out of your herbs without burning most of the content. Moreover, its technology allows you to set up the temperature, making sure you are heating your cannabinoids just right. Combustion is a more dangerous way to enjoy your herbs since the smoke creates harmful by-products and carcinogenic substances. Additionally, the smoke itself is harsh on the throat and lungs, which can have negative effects for those who suffer from asthma and allergies.
Besides its health benefits, a dry herb vape pen has many other advantages. These include an improved flavor due to lack of smoke, the lack of lighters, and a reduced scent of cannabis, which allows you to enjoy it without worrying about the smell.
How to Load a Vape Pen With Dry Herb
Besides your preferred vape pen, you will need a few accessories to get everything ready to load a vape pen with dry herb. With just a few tools, you will get to load your vape pen and get ready to taste a new kind of cannabis.
It doesn’t matter if you have a high-end dry herb vape pen, if your bud is not good, it won’t taste good. A well-cured, high-quality bud will create a great vaping experience. If the bud is fresh and has a good moisture concentration, the vaporization process will be better, resulting in a well-rounded vapor.
A good way to test the moisture content of your bud is to touch it. If it feels too wet or too dry, it may not be the best option to try with your vape pen.
The right grinder will help you get a fine cannabis flower that will vaporize to perfection. When your cannabis flower is ground the right way, the surface area will increase. As a result, the heat of your vape pen will penetrate more plant matter, producing a pleasant vapor.
If you want to make sure your herb is correctly ground to load your vape pen, try using the KLIP. This unique grinder will cut your herb nicely, making it fluffy and perfect for burning and vaping.
Before loading your dry herb vape pen, make sure it is off and not hot. This way, you won’t waste the battery and it will be easier for you to load your herb. When you have collected the necessary tools to load your vape pen, follow the next steps:
- Step 1: Make sure your device is fully charged.
- Step 2: Place your dry herb into your vaporizer’s oven or herb chamber. You can use a small business card or a weed scooper for this step. Do not pack the chamber too tightly, since it will create uneven heating due to lack of airflow. Likewise, you don’t want to pack too loosely, because the herb won’t vaporize as well as it should. You can use your finger or a tool to make a relatively compact pack.
- Step 3: Turn on the device and select your desired temperature. Take into account that many cannabinoids have different boiling points. However, the golden rule is to set your vaporizer around 356-410°F (180 and 210°C). Once you gain more experience, you will find out which temperature works better for you.
- Step 4: Wait a minute for the herb to start to vaporize, then inhale. When vaporizing, remember to take gentle, short drags. Taking long, hard puffs from your vape can result in some weed getting into your mouth. Moreover, drawing hard and regularly from your vape introduces cold air into the chamber, which brings down the temperature inside your vape. As you get used to the experience, you will learn what works for you. Different inhaling paces will produce various concentrations of THC and CBD in the vapor.
At the end of your session, you can check your dry herb to see its color. If it looks brown mixed with some green hues, it is considered ABV weed. This remaining dry herb is often used for edibles or for more vaping sessions. As long as it is not too dark, you can make great recipes such as brownies, sandwiches, and canna-butter. For this reason, have a container at hand to store your ABV and make the most out of your herb.
How to Clean a Dry Herb Vape Pen
Just as important as learning how to use a dry herb vape pen, cleaning it is essential to make it last longer. Vape pens can be expensive, and if you don’t maintain it properly, you won’t get the best results possible.
The best time to clean is right after your session since it will reduce the need to thoroughly clean it in the future. You will find care instructions outlined in the user guide, which must be followed to avoid damaging your piece.
Cleaning your dry herb vape pen is not a difficult task. Just gather the right equipment and you will have your vape pen as good as new in a few minutes.
- Make sure your vaporizer is off and has cooled down
- Remove the mouthpiece from your device
- Use a brush to get rid of any excess debris from the heating chamber
- Remove all the ABV from your herb chamber. Dampen a cotton Q-tip with rubbing alcohol and scrub the inside of the chamber until it is clean. Some vape pens come with their own brushes for this purpose
- Dampen a pipe cleaner with alcohol and snake it through the inside of the vapor path until it is clean. You can hold the device up to the light to ensure the walls get clean.