Space Cookies Recipe
Estimated 3-minute read
Considering new ways to use THC in your favor is a great decision. You could be one of those wanting to consume weed but with alternative options that still provide the benefits and effects smoking normally does. Edibles are that popular go-to approach for experienced and novice users, and what better than a tasty cookie to have a fun afternoon or maybe host a reunion without spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
In this case, these are space cookies, known like this since they are cannabis-infused, so they send you out of this world with their flavors and powerful punch. One of the edible hoys is precisely that they are often more long-lasting and produce a more intense high. This recipe is super simple, with ingredients and materials you likely have in your kitchen or are easily found.
Space Cookies Recipe
- 2 large mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Electric mixer and whisk
- Cookie tray
- Parchment paper and non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup cannabutter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 and 1/3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/3 cups of chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Decarb Your Flower
In case you don’t have cannabutter, you can make yours and use it in all types of recipes. Although it takes time, it will definitely pay off, as you will use your favorite cannabis strains for this purpose and control the amount of THC, CBD, or any other cannabinoid you like.
- Preheat your oven to 250 F.
- Grind 20 grams of buds. We recommend using our KLIP since it will create a fine powder to mix with the ingredients easily. Moreover, your ground weed will preserve its trichomes, enabling you to have a more powerful cannabutter.
- Spread the ground flower on a baking sheet and take it to the oven for 45 minutes.
- Check on your ground cannabis flower from time to time and stir to allow every piece to cook evenly.
- When the flower has turned brown, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool. If it crumbles easily between your fingers, it is ready to use.
Once your flower is done, take your preferred oil or butter and infuse it with the decarbed weed. Heat both ingredients for about 30-60 minutes. Stir every 15 or 20 minutes, making sure the carrier oil or butter doesn’t burn.
Step by Step
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 12 - 25 minutes
Servings: 10 - 15 cookies
- Preheat the oven 20 minutes at 375°F.
- In one of the large bowls, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt with the indicated measurements and mix them using the whisk or, in case you don’t have one, a fork will do. Set this bowl aside.
- With the cannabutter at room temperature, put ½ cup in the other large bowl with the brown and granulated sugar and mix with the hand mixer until they are smooth and creamy.
- Then, add the egg and the two teaspoons of vanilla extract and combine them together using the hand mixer. Stop when you get a uniform mixture.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir with the spatula, distributing them evenly.
- Incorporate the flour prepared at the beginning to the other bowl where the wet ingredients are and use the spatula to form the dough.
- Cover the cookie tray with parchment paper and spray the surface with non/stick cooking spray so you can place the dough balls evenly on the tray, leaving space between each ball.
- Depending on how big or small you want your cookies, the baking time varies. For big cookies, you should set the temperature at 375 degrees and leave them for 22 minutes. If the cookies are small, then use the same temperatures but bake for 12 minutes.
Cannabis per cookie (approx): 5 g
Kcal per cookie (average): 156kcal
There you go, the perfect Space Cookies to enjoy at home alone or with company. This dessert is already delicious on its own. Still, no one stops you from being creative, so feel free to modify the recipe and add whatever you like, such as a different extract, more flavors, other types of toppings, or anything that comes to your mind.