Snickerdoodle Recipe Using Cannabutter
Estimated 7-minute read
Sweetening people’s lives since 1800, Snickerdoodles have been a timeless classic that never goes out of style. These irresistible cookies are incredibly trendy during the holidays, where their sweet cinnamon aroma warms up your hearth, inviting you to sink it into a hot chocolate mug or a tall glass of milk. Then, they melt right in your mouth with their characteristic tangy softness.
When combined with cannabis-infused butter, your body experiences total relaxation as your mind levitates with its uplifting energy and euphoria. Edibles are the perfect choice for patients under chemotherapy or AIDS treatment, as these provide long-lasting effects that improve sleep quality and help manage nausea, vomiting, and chronic pain.
If you have never eaten a Cannabis Snickerdoodle before, slide down below and get ready to meet, bite by bite, your dose of relief in the form of a soft, sweet, and chewy cookie wrapped in a cinnamon-sugar hug.
What is a Snickerdoodle?
Snickerdoodles are delicious cookies made with butter or oil, sugar, salt, and flour, coated in cinnamon sugar. These classic cookies, also called snipdoodles, differ from typical sugar cookies for one essential ingredient that adds tanginess and chew: cream of tartar. Bakers often use this ingredient to stabilize egg whites or creams while whipping them. Moreover, it also helps activate baking soda, preventing the sugar from crystallizing when baking.
The cream of tartar is the signature touch that provides this type of cookie that sweet god’s softness that everyone loves—crisp on the outside and super soft on the inside.
These cookies have an uncertain origin region. Some sources support the idea that they probably originated in England and have either German or Dutch descent. In contrast, The Joy of Cooking claims that Snickerdoodles come from Germany. Its name is a corruption of the German word Schneckennudeln, which translates directly to “snail noodles.” However, the term actually refers to a delicious German variation of the cinnamon rolls.
What do Snickerdoodle Cookies Taste Like?
A true snickerdoodle should taste like a sugar cookie but with subtle bitter undertones coming from the cream of tartar. Its spicy cinnamon-sugar topping adds the sweet woody flavor loved by many.
Snickerdoodle Cookies Recipe Made with Cannabutter
These soft-baked, weed snickerdoodle cookies are only 30 minutes away from you. For this, you just have to follow one of the quickest, tastiest, and easiest edible recipes we have in our blog.
Once you try a cannabutter Snickerdoodle, you’re going to keep coming back for more. You can make the dough a day or two in advance and keep it covered and refrigerated. Just before serving, roll in cinnamon sugar and bake.
No dough chilling required: There’s enough flour in this cookie dough to create a solid and sturdy cookie without the crutch of chilling the dough first.
Before you Get Started
For this recipe, we use cannabis-infused butter. In case you don’t have cannabutter, we got you this recipe to easily make yours. This way, you can use your favorite cannabis strain and control the amount of THC, CBD, or the cannabinoid of your preference.
- Preheat your oven to 250 F.
Break the buds up with your fingers or using a grinder. We highly recommend using our KLIP to slice fine herbs in a snap that easily mix with the ingredients while preserving its precious trichomes. The result will be a powerful cannabutter.
- Spread the ground flower on a baking sheet and take it to the oven for 45 minutes.
- Check on your ground cannabis flower from time to time and stir to allow every piece to cook evenly.
- When the flower has turned brown, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool. If it crumbles easily between your fingers, it is ready to use.
- Take your preferred unsalted butter and infuse it with the decarboxylated weed. Heat both ingredients for about 30-60 minutes.
- Stir every 15 or 20 minutes, making sure the butter doesn’t burn.
Now that you’ve created your cannabutter, let’s jump to the recipe!
Weed Snickerdoodles Cookies Recipe
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 30 min
Nutrition: Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 95mg | Potassium: 43mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 171IU | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Electric mixer
- Small, Medium, and Large Mixing Bowls
- Wire Rack
- Plastic Wrap
- Spoon or a cookie scoop
- Rubber Spatula
- 2¾ cups flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened + 4 tablespoons cannabis butter softened
- 1½ cups white sugar
- Two large eggs
- Two teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt, and set aside. If you don’t have the cream of tartar, you can use two teaspoons of baking powder to replace the cream of tartar and the baking soda.
- In a large bowl, beat the regular unsalted butter and the cannabutter with the granulated sugar together on high speed until smooth, fluffy and creamy, about 2-4 minutes. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment for this step.
- Add the eggs into the bowl one at a time, followed by the vanilla. Beat on medium-high speed until combined for 2 minutes.
- Scrap down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- With the mixer running at low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture, preferably in three different parts. Stir until well combined, forming a thick dough. Place aside.
Make the topping
- For the outer layer of your snickerdoodle cookies, grab a small mixing bowl combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll cookie dough into balls, about 1.5 tablespoons of cookie dough each. We recommend using a cookie scoop.
- Now, drop one by one the dough balls into the cinnamon sugar. Gently roll each around until you evenly coat them. Repeat this step as needed.
Time to Bake
- Place each dough ball about 2-3 inches apart on the previously prepared baking sheet.
- Next, use your finger to make a small indent into the middle of each snickerdoodle by pressing down the center slightly. Sprinkle some extra cinnamon sugar on top if desired.
- Bake on the center rack for 8-10 minutes, or until your cannabutter Snickerdoodles look lightly golden around the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to the wire rack.
Take the first bite and enjoy! Cookies remain soft and fresh for almost a week in an airtight container at room temperature.
Snickerdoodle Hack: For softer, moister, and richer snickerdoodles, use one large egg, plus one extra-large egg yolk instead. This way, you will be able to bring together the dough effortlessly. No more crumbly dough balls falling apart with this super simple hack.
Fresh Cannabis Snickerdoodles Cookies Always!
Everyone loves fresh and hot cookies anytime. Sure, you can cook all of them at once, but it is better if you just bake the ones you’re planning to eat and store the rest. To do so, freeze individual unbaked, medicated cookies on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet without the topping. Once frozen, transfer to a plastic freezer container or a re-sealable zipper storage bag. It will last in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Anytime when you’re up for a delightfully infused treat, just grab the desired number of cookies you want to bake and place them in the fridge overnight to thaw. You can also remove the balls from the freezer and sit for 30 minutes while you pre-heat the oven. Afterward, roll them into the cinnamon-sugar topping, following the recipe instructions, adding a minute or two to the baking time.
Finding the Right Dosage for You
Our dosage is a merely suggestion. Feel free to adjust your dosage, playing with the cannabis-infused butter quantity you use, as long as you add 1 cup of butter. For example, you can use:
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened + ½ cannabis butter softened
- ¼ cup unsalted butter softened + ¾ cannabis butter softened
- 1 cup cannabis butter softened
If you choose to follow our suggestion, you will get approximately 11-12 mg THC per cookie (serving) using a cannabis strain with 10% THC.
In case you want to use your cannabis Snickerdoodle cookies as an additional treatment for any ailment, remember to go to your doctor for a special dosage plan. This way, you won’t disrupt your current treatment.